Sunday, June 27, 2010

Get to CO ASAP!

I woke up in ID and knew that I had to get to Colorado in order to make the events at Pike's Peak. My rear tire is burning up fast so I decided to pull over and make a few calls to Denver Ducati dealerships in order to set an appointment for new "shoes". After a couple of calls I got it settled with Erico Motorsports. They agreed to install two new tires first thing Friday am, the very next day.
At first the weather was perfect. It was still early morning and they air was light and cool. As time moved forward the temp heated up quick. I was running fast and sticking to the boring flat highways in order to make good time. Then... my bike started to swerve all over the place. I knew immediately that I had a flat tire. I pulled off the road to confirm that my rear tire was completely squished. SHIT! I had just crossed into Colorado and was basically in the middle of B.F.E. Fortunately for me, I had cell reception. After calling my insurance carrier, Foremost, I was told that help was on the way. The mechanic arrived after an hour and 1/2 and took 45 minutes to plug my tire... which ended up putting me way behind. I was expecting to arrive in Boulder by 10pm at the latest but I had now idea when I would arrive after this small set back.
I rode, rode, rode. I ended up missing much of the great scenery as I was riding through the evening in the dark. I noticed deer and other wildlife many times and that made me quite nervous. But in the end, I arrived safely at my Mom's home in Boulder where she and my brother were waiting. I think that I got there around 1am.
After feeling pretty beat up from riding all day I decided to hang in Boulder for a couple of days and take it easy with my peeps :)

No comments:

Post a Comment