Sunday, July 25, 2010

Florida

New Orleans was fun but it was time to move on and I had some more family to check in with! I was now on my way to Florida and hoped to make it all the way to Orlando in one day. I chose to stick to the highways and pin the throttle...
It was amazingly hot and humid in the Southern states. I passed through Mississippi and Alabama on my way and it seemed to just get hotter and hotter the further I rode.
It rained many times and not just light rain but big booming thunderstorms that drenched me. Lightening flashed all around making me want to ride faster to get it over with. I was thankful for cooler temperatures but these conditions were certainly less than ideal.
I made it to my sister's house around 9 or 10pm. I was definitely ready to get off the bike after more than twelve hours.

I ended up spending a couple of days with my sister, Beth and my two nieces, Kelsie and Hannah. I enjoyed seeing them again. As usual I was the goofy uncle that kept them laughing.



Florida was fun but hot, which seemed to be the constant. My next stop will be my hometown of Asheville, NC and I'm hoping for some cooler weather. At this point I decided not to visit friends in Atlanta in fear of more dreadful weather. Asheville is in the Smokey Mountains and maybe I'll find some relief there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment