Sunday, July 18, 2010

New Orleans!!!

I left Texas early in the morning and hit the "slab". I decided that since I would be passing so closely to New Orleans, I would certainly need to stop. I crossed a really long bridge, Basin Bridge, over miles of swamp.

I intended to make my first stop at The Transportation Revolution - the local Ducati dealership to check it out and to see the owners, brothers Zach and Max Materne. I arrived at their shop just before closing and walked into a celebration of sorts... It was the anniversary of the dealership as well as the birthdays of the owners' Mother and lead Technician, Guy! They were planning a few activities for the evening and I was invited :)

Actually, Zach wouldn't be joining because he had plans to take his wife to a concert for the evening. We went to the French Quarter for dinner and drinks. I had the best $3 Margaritas with mini lime slices at "felipe's", a great spot.

While we were hanging out at felipe's I was introduced to a guy, and fellow motorcyclist... who I found out later is a famous trumpet player, Irvin Mayfield. As the night went on, Max and I did a little bar hopping and sight seeing through the Quarter. It was great to be in such a famous place and have a local take me to his haunts!


No comments:

Post a Comment