Tuesday, July 13, 2010

These things were crawling all over miles of HWY 87 in Texas today. In fact they moved so fast that I was able to notice that most of the hundreds that I saw were headed from left to right, or in a Southernish direction... Weird! I only counted five going the other way. Hmmm... Texas is HOT by the way and I haven't even received the added benefit of humidity yet :(

I continued on through Texas with some road advice from good friends. This time advice came from Ivan and "Sprinkle" - Dave. I traveled Southeast in a general direction towards Austin. I had recently been to that city with work and certainly wouldn't mind seeing it again. Sprinkle had suggested a specific road, HWY 16, which ended up being the best ride in Texas during my trip. I had planned to camp again somewhere around Austin but it was too hot! I ended up sleeping at a hotel about 100 miles West of Houston. I planned to get up early and make a run for New Orleans.

1 comment:

  1. oh humidity!!!!! Just get ready for the south if you remember...

    ReplyDelete