Monday, July 5, 2010

Long Time, No Post... Colorado!

Well, many days have passed since my last post and I have seen many new places ;)

I got up on Monday morning, June 28th and said goodbye to my Mom and Brother. It was great to see them and hang out in Boulder for a few days. I had come into Colorado hot and fast with dates and appointments pushing me hard forcing me to ride in the dark. I missed some great scenery and was determined to see it during the day. My plans at this point included a visit to the Grand Canyon and then off to New Mexico to visit my Dad. Between here and there was wide open and I was definitely going to take my time and just figure it out along the way... (I'm sure that many of you know how that goes against every fiber of my personality make-up). It should be fun.
I left Boulder and headed straight up the mountains! So Beautiful!

It was certainly a ride filled with stunning views and great roads. I was smiling most of the day. The only problem was this nagging thunderstorm following me... I was headed South through the Rockies thinking that I'd stay at one of the campgrounds peppered all over my map. The weather was nice but I wasn't interested in getting wet. I just kept going from small town to small town, looking over my shoulder the whole way but had no luck shaking the storm clouds. I put on my rain suite at one point when it was clear that I would be riding through a downpour, and I got a little wet but not drenched... phewww! I decided that staying in a hotel would probably be a better way to spend the night. I landed in Gunnison, CO and pulled up to the "ABC Motel". I dropped my belongings in a room and walked to a small brewery for dinner.

Oh yeah, I rode on a lot of dirt roads that day. Pretty hairy with all of the weight on the back of the Multi...

No comments:

Post a Comment