Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Going to see my Dad

After dealing with the extreme heat the day before, I got up early and hit the road to see if I could get to Albuquerque without melting. It was actually pretty cool temperature wise and I was able to knock out some miles. I ended up taking Interstate 40 which I thought that I'd dread but the only issue was wind hitting me from the side again and forcing me to ride leaning to the right... Oh well, I was use to that already ;)
I made it to Gallup, NM and stopped for lunch and fuel. The final leg would be short and easy.
I arrived in ABQ in the late afternoon. It was good to land back at a familiar place to see my Dad and Stepmother and to get some rest. Air conditioning would be a nice luxury as well.
On Sunday, July Fourth, we headed to the mountains and planned to take a little hike... but that was not to be. On the way up, we discussed driving to Santa Fe to walk around and see the sights. We made a quick decision and headed for the state capitol. When we arrived we were surprised to run into a large festival taking place in Old Town. It turned out to be their annual Pancake Breakfast benefiting the United Way. Pretty Cool! There were thousands of people about; good for watching. We wandered into some really old churches with rich histories and ornate features.




I was pleased to discover an antique auto show taking place there as well. I took some cool pictures of Grills and Tails :)





It was a fun day in Santa Fe.

3 comments:

  1. ooohhhh...great pics of great cars! Love the Cadillac...or I think it's a Cadillac :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, and the staircase. lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the church where my dad wanted us to get married. it's pretty cool because after weddings there they ring the bells and the wedding party and guests parade around the plaza!

    ReplyDelete